Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Oldies but goodies

Over the past two weeks or so, when Kenzie's asked me to watch a movie while Kait naps, I've been trying to introduce her to some new ones. Ones that I liked as a child, but she's never seen - especially since we have WAY too many DVDs in this house!
So first I tried Mary Poppins. It was such a hit, that I had to let her watch it two times before I convinced her to move on to another movie! Second we tried Swiss Family Robinson... what's wrong with this movie? She didn't care about it, though I used to love it. I think maybe she's still too young for it - after all, she just turned 5. Maybe by 7 or 8? Then I was going to let her try out the original Parent Trap next, but what do you know? It was on tv this past weekend and I turned it on. She paid more attention to it than she had Swiss Family, but not as much as Mary Poppins.

So it's back to Mary today, and as I type she's playing and singing "It's a jolly-olly day with Mary..." :) Which to let her watch next....

3 comments: